sitemap Welcome to the VISAYAN DAILY STAR Website
  logo
Marketplace
Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Negros Oriental
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Police Beat
Star Life
People & Events
Now Online!!!

the online edition

Moises Padilla

Residents still in danger zone told to leave immediately*

Top Stories

buttonDanger zone declared
buttonUS food firms lobby for more RP sugar
buttonMurder raps filed vs. 10 NPA rebels
button‘It was a blessing to have met Cory’
buttonBing: Need for P150M to buy city relocation site immediate
buttonGolez bares ‘Oplan Bi-Go’
buttonBacolod wins NDCC award
buttonBlocktimer seeks help
buttonOnly two, not three killed in b-day fight

buttonGuv commits help for museum
buttonSolon says Danding in US for annual medical checkup
buttonMKNP prayer vigil set
buttonBlocktimer seeks help

Negros Oriental

buttonGuv tells PDCC to improve reporting during disasters
buttonTESDA suspends scholarship
buttonGonzalez orders strict monitoring of spillway
buttonPAO chief opposes GMO ban

Star Business

buttonPESO head new WV group prexy
button‘Landlords’ defense fortified’
button3-day sale starts Friday

Sports
buttonCSA-B Eagles open pre-Nopsscea bid against visiting William Jessup cagers
buttonSan Carlos booters win in Kabankalan
button69Ners, Moonlight Inn bowlers eye NSL championship crowns

Danger zone declared
AMID FEARS OF DEADLY MUDSLIDES
BY CARLA GOMEZ

A 200-hectare area in Sitios Manaol and Tigbuaya in Barangay Quintin Remo, Moises Padilla town, yesterday was declared a danger zone as the earth continued to move and form cracks, Mayor Francisco Nazareno said.

But the danger zone could expand to another 500 hectares if the earth cracks continue to expand, he said.

The Moises Padilla Municipal Development Council issued the declaration and signs have been placed in the 200-has. area to warn people against entering, he said. moremoremore

US food firms lobby
for more RP sugar
BY CARLA GOMEZ

Senate Majority Leader Juan Miguel Zubiri yesterday urged Philippine sugar farmers and millers to take advantage of the increasing demand of sugar supply in the United States as a move that will revitalize the country’s sugar industry.

“American craving for our sugar is good for our sugar industry,” Zubiri said following reports that the food lobby group in the US is appealing to the Obama administration to lift its import quota on the Philippines.

Sugar Regulatory Administrator Rafael Coscolluela, who led a Philippine delegation to Washington in May to push for a higher Philippine share in the US sugar quota, said they were told that the US Department of Agriculture is in a dilemma because, while food producers are lobbying to increase the quota, the American sugar producers are against it.moremoremore

Murder raps filed vs.
10 NPA rebels

BY GILBERT BAYORAN

Ten suspected New People’s Army rebels believed to be behind the ambush-slay of three civilians and the wounding of three others on July 13 in Brgy. Salamanca, Toboso, Negros Occidental, were charged for multiple murder before the Provincial Prosecutor’s Office of Negros Occidental, police said yesterday.

Police Officer 2 Lyndon Tavarez, Toboso PNP investigator, said they expect to file additional multiple frustrated murder charges this week against the rebel ambushers, whose identities were not available as of last night.

The National Democratic Front-Negros and the Roselyn “Jean Pelle” Command had earlier issued statements, asking for forgiveness from the families of the ambushed civilians, claiming that it was a case of mistaken identity.moremoremore

Opinion | Negros Oriental | Business | Sports
Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise!
Email: visayandailystar@yahoo.com
WebMaster: Mr. Cedric B. Florentino