sitemap Welcome to the VISAYAN DAILY STAR Website
  logo
Marketplace
Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Negros Oriental
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Police Beat
Star Life
People & Events
Now Online!!!

the online edition

Google
Web www.visayandailystar.com
IN BACOLOD
Watch for Region 7
crime groups raised

BY CARLA GOMEZ
Top Stories

buttonWatch for Region 7 crime groups raised
button3 Ceneco board members not told of disconnection
buttonComelec resumes voters registration
buttonDecisive action set vs. NPA in Negros
buttonYano tells soldiers: Don’t be distracted
button‘Caticlan airport safe’
buttonMake Felix permanent, Zayco asks
button63-year-old killed in fire
buttonAmount stolen at transloading station varies
buttonSuspension of Escalante mayor denied
buttonPriests of Bacolod diocese get new posts
buttonIloilo guv withdraws prosecutors’ subsidy

Negros Oriental

buttonBig waves displace families in Neg.Or.
buttonOuster move vs. SC chief not true: Paras
buttonAnswer raps in court, Yano dares doctor
buttonGov’t cautioned on ‘Balikatan’

Star Business

buttonFirm asked to put up bond for hydro plant in NegOr
buttonNSO conducting two surveys this month
button10-month FDI falls to $1.4B

Sports
buttonHundreds of boxers to join nat’l amateur championship
buttonBethany vs. PRAC in Puzon Cup finals
buttonNPBC, Bago bowlers take lead
buttonFBL meeting Jan. 15
Cueavas

Andy Alvarez photo

Chief Supt. Isagani Cuevas, Western Visayas police director*

Chief Supt. Isagani Cuevas, Western Visayas police director, yesterday said he has ordered intensified police intelligence operations and boosting of personnel amid reports of crime groups from Region 7 operating in Bacolod City.

Cuevas said there have been reports of crime groups from the Central Visayas operating in Bacolod and one group had tied up with their Negros Occidental counterparts in committing crimes last year.

He also said Senior Supt. Ronilo Quebrar, Bacolod police director, is still up for transfer. moremoremore

3 Ceneco board members
not told of disconnection
BY CHRYSEE SAMILLANO

Director Roberto Montelibano of the Central Negros Electric Cooperative board yesterday said he and other officials were not aware that an actual and physical disconnection to the Bacolod City government offices was effected by the power firm Thursday.

Montelibano said he, together with CENECO directors Luis Cuenca and Edward Gasambelo, were waiting for a board meeting to start that day, when they found out that a disconnection was already in effect at City Hall.

He said the decision was made by other members of the CENECO Board of Directors, but not by them.moremoremore

Comelec resumes
voters registration

BY CHRYSEE SAMILLANO

The Commission on Elections in Bacolod City resumed its voter’s registration yesterday after electric power was restored to the Bacolod City Hall and other government offices in the city during the weekend.

Meanwhile, the Bacolod City government is putting up a one-stop-shop at the Bays Center starting today for new application and renewal of business permits, and applications for clearances.

Power connection to the COMELEC was disconnected by the Central Negros Electric Cooperative at about 9 a.m. Friday, a day after it also disconnected power to City Hall and other government offices, citing the city’s failure to pay its current accounts with the power firm. moremoremore

Opinion | Negros Oriental | Business | Sports
Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise!
Email: visayandailystar@yahoo.com
WebMaster: Mr. Cedric B. Florentino