Supt. Leo Irwin Agpangan may stay longer as officer-in-charge of the Bacolod City Police Office because a permanent police director has not been named yet.
So far, there are no nominees yet from Camp Crame for the position of BCPO director, Region 6 police director Isagani Cuevas said.
As soon as there are nominees, Cuevas said it will be the Senior Officers Placement and Promotion that will deliberate on those applying for the position.
Agpangan was designated BCPO officer-in-charge, following the re-assignment of Senior Supt. Ronilo Quebrar to Camp Crame two months ago.
Meanwhile, Cuevas has ordered Agpangan to exert his best efforts in the neutralization of the suspects in car thefts in Bacolod City, who are even bold enough to victimize policemen.
The names of newly-promoted Senior Supt. Celestino Guara and Rolen Balquin had earlier cropped up as possible nominees for the position.
Balquin, however, is no longer connected with the Police Regional Office 6, as he has already been transferred to the Autonomous Region for Muslim Mindanao, effective May 1, Cuevas said.
As a senior superintendent, Balquin’s transfer to the ARMM is a good avenue for him to show his wares, so that he could get a higher position, such as provincial police director, he added.
Cuevas clarified that it was a command decision, and the order to transfer Balquin out of Region 6 for his career advancement came from Camp Crame.
Earlier Camp Crame had submitted a list of five nominees for BCPO director to Bacolod Mayor Evelio Leonardia.
However, Leonardia requested for another list, as none of the names of the senior police officers submitted was familiar to him, Cuevas said.*GPB