sitemap Welcome to the VISAYAN DAILY STAR Website
  logo
Marketplace
Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines Thursday, October 8, 2009
Negros Oriental
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Police Beat
Star Life
People & Events
Now Online!!!

the online edition

Google
Web www.visayandailystar.com
MASKS

Andy Alvarez photo

IT’S MASSKARA TIME.  Bacolod City is celebrating its annual MassKara Festival and many visitors from Negros Oriental are expected to once again join in the festivities.*
Top Stories

buttonSP okays P40M additional budget
buttonCops file murder raps vs. 3 Cafgus
buttonSBM accuses solon of deceptions, lies
buttonCanonization sought for Arroyos’ grandma
buttonCOA ruling appealed
buttonMicro-hydro plant in Talisay turned on
buttonWaters rise in three Tangub puroks
button‘Beauty tilts relevant’
buttonMake rebels irrelevant: Army chief
buttonBaby needs help
button888 accepting typhoon aid
buttonVillar meets MOVE leaders

Negros Oriental

buttonRescue leader dies trying to save elderly
buttonAmbulant vendors to get support
buttonMayor filing raps vs. registrar
buttonDumaguete bizmen welcome call centers
buttonMore aid for victims sought

Star Business

buttonConciliation talks break down
buttonBlackouts today
buttonEconomic development program kicks-off
buttonMake IRA sharing needs-based, gov’t urged

Sports
buttonRP kisses AFC U-16 Qualifier hopes goodbye
buttonMassKara Golf tees off tomorrow
buttonAteneo vs. UE Game 3 set today

SP okays P40M additional budget
BY CARLA GOMEZ

The Negros Occidental Sangguniang Panlalawigan yesterday approved a P40 million supplementary budget for the provincial government, and P300,000 in aid to the recent typhoon victims in Luzon,  Acting Gov. Emilio Yulo IIII said yesterday.

Yulo said the P300,000 in provincial government assistance will be given to the Department of Social Welfare and Development for disposition.

Meanwhile, he said the approved P40 million 2009 Supplemental Budget No. 5 is from the Internal Revenue Allotment differential received by the provincial government.moremoremore

Cops file murder
raps vs. 3 Cafgus
BY GILBERT BAYORAN

Police yesterday filed murder and frustrated murder charges against three government militiamen before the City Prosecutor’s Office in Victorias City, Negros Occidental, for the recent ambush-slay of an hacienda overseer, and injuries to his companion.

Supt. Jomil John Trio, Victorias police chief, yesterday said the respondents, identified as CAFGU members Arnel Catimbang, Efren Las Pinas and Arturo Endrino, all assigned at the 12th Infantry Battalion’s Ining detachment in Manapla, are now in jail, after their arrest last week.

Trio said the three were positively identified by Norberto Opinion, a survivor of the ambush, as the ones who opened fire at them in Brgy. 10, Victorias City, last month.moremoremore

SBM accuses solon
of deceptions, lies

BY CHRYSEE SAMILLANO

The multi-sectoral group Save Bacolod Movement accused Bacolod Rep. Monico Puentevella of deceptions and lies for insisting that circumstances had forced him to deposit the P50.5 million funds for the hosting of the 23rd Southeast Asian Games in 2005 in Bacolod City to his personal current account.

At a press conference held at Sweet Greens yesterday, SBM member Romy Niere said Puentevella lied when he said in media interviews that the BASOC has no legal personality; thus he was forced to deposit the funds from the Philippines Sports Commission to his current account No. 0422-14824 at the Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation-Bacolod Branch.

He insisted that, because of time constraint, BASOC could not process Securities and Exchange Commission Registration for its legal personality, thus all four checks issued by the PSC went to his personal account, the group said.moremoremore

Opinion | Negros Oriental | Business | Sports
Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise!
Email: visayandailystar@yahoo.com
WebMaster: Mr. Cedric B. Florentino