BY JUANCHO GALLARDE
One of the four suspects in the massacre of a family in Sitio Cangcawas, San Jose, Negros Oriental was also murdered Saturday, apparently in an effort to silence him, police said.
PNP provincial director, Senior Supt. Rey Lyndon Lawas, identified the victim as Rico Suelto, who succumbed to several gunshot wounds inflicted by a suspect who was wearing a bonnet.
Suelto, along with Flory Ybañez, Carlito Sablada and the alleged mastermind Nomberto Ablao, were accused for the multiple murder of the Ramirez family in Cangcawas, a few weeks ago..
The WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature) Philippines said the two persons reported by the police to have been detained for being “fake solicitors” were its duly authorized fundraisers.
A letter to the DAILY STAR from Jose Ma. Lorenzo Tan, chief executive officer/vice chairman, Board of Trustees, of WWF Philippines, said the report released online by the Visayan DAILY STAR on its August 20, “made a number of false or misleading statements about WWF and its fundraisers.”
It said the report that the two persons detained by Dumaguete police last week were fake WWF solicitors; claimed that the two individuals were busted, and charged; and insinuated that these persons were involved in a swindle attempting to charge a P67,000 donation to the complainant, are all “false.”