Daily Star logoNegros Oriental
Dumaguete City, PhilippinesWednesday, January 12, 2011
Front Page
Negros Oriental
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Police Beat
Star Life
People & Events
Degamo appoints
new administrator

BY JUANCHO GALLARDE

The new governor of Negros Oriental, Roel Degamo, issued Executive Order No. 1 Monday, designating Arnel Francisco as the provincial administrator after the retirement of Paul Honculada, a day after Gov. Agustin Perdices died of gastric cancer last week.

Degamo said he is still studying other options for the job order workers who allegedly rose in number in the last few months, although the former administrator had issued an office memorandum stating that the work of job order workers will be until December 31, 2010 only.

Francisco had been detailed at the Provincial Attorney’s Office during the time of the late Gov. Emilio Macias II, the former governor, and now Rep. George Arnaiz (Neg. Or., 2nd District).

He, however, said he considers himself as a provincial administrator-designate and not as a political appointee, being a senior aquaculturist of the Provincial Agriculture Office.

Francisco had refused to sign the first set of the voluminous documents on salary adjustments, submitted to his office Monday, because they lacked the signatures of department heads concerned.

Francisco also said he wants to establish a smooth flow of paperwork at the Capitol, and pattern it after that of Macias and Arnaiz.*JG

 

 

back to top

Google
 
Web www.visayandailystar.com
Negros Oriental
ButtonNanang damage climbs to P55M
ButtonNegOcc guv, Bacolod mayor attend, too
Button
Brothers molest minor; 4-year-old also raped
Button
‘Rebel expansion an empty threat’
ButtonNPC to nominate BM replacement
Button Degamo appoints new administrator