Fire hit the compound of a bus company in Brgy. Mansilingan, Bacolod City, Monday night and destroyed at least P5 million worth of properties, arson investigator Fire Officer 3 Joey Michael Victoriano said yesterday.
The fire, believed to have been caused by an electrical short circuit, destroyed two buses and damaged another. It also caused nearby residents to come out from their houses and converge in front of the bus company compound.
Victoriano said they received a call from patrol 117 at about 7:48 p.m. informing them that the painting booth of Vallacar transit, owner of the Ceres buses, in Purok Himaya was on fire.
Fire trucks from the Bacolod City fire bureau were sent to the area and were assisted by those from the Amity and Chinese Chamber fire volunteer brigades. The fire was put out at about 8:35 p.m.
Initial investigation showed that the fire originated from paint booth number 2 in the compound and spread to the nearby paint booth number 1.
There were no reported casualties or injuries during the fire but it reached first alarm status. Firefighters recovered a torn electrical wire from the area, Victoriano said.
He reminded the public once again to check all their electrical connections and make sure they are not damaged to avoid similar incidents.*APN