Daily Star logoTop Stories
Bacolod City, Philippines Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Front Page
Negros Oriental
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Police Beat
Star Life
People & Events
Eguide
Events
Schedules
Obituaries
Congratulations
Classified Ads
Demolition at
Paglaum starts soon

BY CARLA GOMEZ

Demolition of some of the structures already vacated at the Paglaum Sports Complex in Bacolod City will begin soon, Provincial Legal Officer Jose Ma. Valencia said yesterday.

The provincial government had earlier sent notices of eviction to 39 occupants of the sports complex buildings in front of Lacson and Hernaez streets and is sending 20 more to other squatters still staying at the facility.

Valencia said some occupants of commercial establishments at the facility have already left, while others were preparing to leave yesterday.

He said he was holding a meeting yesterday afternoon to prepare the necessary documents so demolition could begin immediately.

Some occupants of the facility are asking for extension of time to vacate the area, he said.

I am asking them to give us dates when exactly they will leave, which should not be beyond the end of April, Valencia said.

He said the rehabilitation of the sports complex will begin in May because they want to make it productive within this year.*CPG

back to top

Front Page | Opinion | Negros Oriental | Business | Sports
Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise
Top Stories
ButtonPNP: Crazed stepson brutally kills couple
ButtonFour die, 2 injured in mishaps
ButtonDe la Paz now permanent city cop chief
ButtonBrings fight vs. crime to cyberspace
ButtonComelec deactivates 30,520 voters in Bacolod, girds for protest count
ButtonJudge inhibits self from Nolan case
ButtonNPA marks anniversary, alert raised
ButtonDemolition at Paglaum starts soon
ButtonGuv joins summit on Visayan Sea
ButtonJai alai betting stations still in limbo
Button2 new cop chiefs named
ButtonBoost tourism in Bacolod

ButtonAlarm raised on rise of molestation cases