An ordinance appropriating P3 million for the conduct of a plebiscite for the creation of Barangay Paglaum in Bacolod City, was unanimously approved by the Bacolod Sangguniang Panlungsod Tuesday.
The passage of the ordinance was requested by Mayor Evelio Leonardia in response to the appeal of the Barangay Paglaum convenors group for the plebiscite that may be held after the May 13 elections, a press release from City Hall said.
This is a fulfillment of the commitment of Leonardia, Vice Mayor Jude Thaddeus Sayson and Councilor Caesar Distrito told the convenors of Barangay Paglaum, although the Sangguniang Panlungsod had earlier acted on the appropriation of P3 million for the plebiscite, it said.
The plebiscite was supposed to be conducted on December 15, 2012 yet but was not held because the COMELEC said that they could not attend to it due to the preparation for the midterm elections.
The definite date of the plebiscite will be determined after the May 13, 2013 elections, the press release said.
City Ordinance 606, series of 2012 creating Barangay Paglaum in the City of Bacolod, was authored by Distrito and co-authored by Councilors Em Ang, , Carlos Jose Lopez, Mona Dia Jardin, El Cid Familiaran, Archie Baribar, Roberto Rojas, Dindo Ramos , Al Victor Espino and Homer Bais.*