Bacolod Election Officer Mavil Majarucon-Sia said yesterday that she wants to be relieved from her present assignment after the Election Registration Board hearing on August 12, for health reasons.
Majarucon-Sia said she has asked for a recommendation from Provincial Election Supervisor Jesse Suarez so she would be relieved before the Barangay and Sanguniang Kabataan elections on October 28, but he has not yet responded. However, she also said she will respect whatever the decision of her superior.
“I can handle the job as an election officer of Bacolod City. But for reasons beyond my control, I want to be relieved for the Barangay and SK elections,” she said.
Majarucon-Sia said they posted today the list of the names of the registrants for the Barangay and SK elections and she noted that this is the first time many queued just to see the list. “I was surprised that the people have shown so much interest in the list of registrants,” she said.
The barangay captains can start filing their petitions for opposition on August 8 against registrants who are not residents of their barangay, she said.
Majarucon-Sia said they are now assessing the documents of the registrants in preparation for the ERB hearing on August 12.
She said they will summon those whose documents have suspicious information, and possibly, even those responsible for falsifying her signature in the priority numbers given out during the registration.
Majarucon-Sia, had earlier said that there were over 50 individuals who falsified her signature and that of her election assistant in the priority numbers they presented during the 10-day registration period.
They have identified registrants with suspicious information in their applications and will conduct their own investigation on the matter, she said.
Majarucon-Sia said that if necessary, they may also summon a barangay captain and his aide during the ERB hearing regarding the alleged falsification of signatures.
She said they interviewed all those who were given falsified priority numbers and they claimed that a certain “Weng”, who of the staff of Barangay Captain Rosinie Distrito of Brgy. Singcang, was responsible. But they will verify the matter since those who made the claims are not willing to put their declaration in writing, she added.
Aside from Brgy. Singcang, there were also other barangays that had incidence of falsified priority numbers, like Brgy. 35.
Distrito, had earlier, said they had nothing to do with it and that the Commission on Elections should investigate the matter since their residents, particularly their SK’s, have already been registered.*CGS