Bacolod Rep. Evelio Leonardia yesterday said that the Priority Development Assistance Fund released to Bacolod City from January 2010 to October 2013, when he was still the mayor was only P47.2 million, and not P61.6 million as claimed by Mayor Monico Puentevella.
Leonardia said Puentevella is “obsessed” with discrediting his administration and that is why he is no longer surprised that the mayor changed the figures this time.
He said that, in the end, it will come out that the money given to Bacolod actually went to the institutions and the projects for which they were intended.
City Accountant Ed Ravena had already said earlier that the funds for projects by PDAF from January 2010 to October 2013 were all accounted for.
Leonardia appealed to Puentevella to be truthful and fair to his administration to avoid confusing the public.
In a press conference at the Bacolod Government Center yesterday, Puentevella claimed that there were “irregularities” on how the money was spent but will just leave it to the Department of Budget Management to investigate.
He said they will just submit their documents and if DBM wants to dig deeper, that is up to the agency.
DBM Director IV Alfonso Bedonia Jr., had said in a letter to Puentevella and other local government units as well, that they are monitoring the status of implementation of priority development programs and projects implemented by local government units funded from the PDAF and other financial assistance from the national government, covering the period Jan. 1, 2010 to Oct. 31, 2013.*APN