Daily Star logoTop Stories
Bacolod City, Philippines Saturday, January 12, 2013
Front Page
Negros Oriental
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Police Beat
Star Life
People & Events
Eguide
Events
Schedules
Obituaries
Congratulations
Classified Ads
De la Paz thanks Bacoleños
BY ADRIAN NEMES III

Senior Supt. Ricardo de la Paz yesterday thanked Bacoleños and the local government unit for their support during his two-year stint as Director of Bacolod City Police Office.

The two-year tour of duty of De la Paz is supposed to end today but, as of press time yesterday, Police Regional Office-6 Director Chief Supt. Agrimero Cruz said, there was no relief order for him yet.

Until last night, Camp Crame had not approved the request for the installation of an Officer-in-charge for the BCPO.

Senior Supt. Edgardo Ordaniel was recommended by PRO-6 as the BCPO OIC.

He said that, in the memorandum issued by PNP chief Director General Alan Purisima on December 17 last year, Police Officials occupying key posts who have completed their two years tour of duty during the election period with relatives up to the 4th degree of consanguinity running for electoral posts, and those who have been identified to have close ties with candidates, should be relieved from their positions.

De la Paz said he definitely needs to go because he is one of those affected by the memorandum of Purisima. He said his transfer to his new assignment is in preparation for his promotion.

De la Paz, who was named best commissioned police officer of the year in Region 6, and one of the five national nominees for the same category, stressed that he had done his best to address the peace and order-related concerns of Bacolod.

Under his leadership, BCPO was named outstanding police unit in Western Visayas and was nominated for the same category at the national level, while the Women and Children’s Complaints Desk was also hailed as outstanding WCCD in Region 6, police records showed.

De la Paz said he hurdled different challenges during his stint, including how to resolve sensational cases like the assassination of Ilog Councilor Karem Gequillana, the P3.6-million robbery at CENECO, the killings of Dr. Andres Gumban, Police Officer 2 Arnold Cañal, hotelier Johnny Chua, and suspected gun-for-hire Pic Raymond Longno.*APN

back to top

Front Page | Opinion | Negros Oriental | Business | Sports
Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise
Top Stories
ButtonPNP recalls bodyguards, gun ban starts tomorrow
ButtonPolice bare checkpoint guidelines
ButtonDe la Paz thanks Bacoleños
ButtonKorean golfers arrive
ButtonSan Carlos, Talisay top PHO list of dengue cases in Negros Occ.
Button1.5M tree seedings planted in Negros
ButtonSP acts on terminal benefits
ButtonNSO Neg. Occ. among best performers
ButtonPHL posts rice surplus in 2012