Daily starNegros Oriental
Front Page
Negros Oriental
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Police Beat
Star Life
People & Events
Eguide
Events
Schedules
Obituaries
Congratulations
Classified Ads
 
Dumaguete City, PhilippinesThursday, January 24, 2013
Negros Oriental
ButtonPNP to strictly enforce rules on security details
ButtonMan hurt in shooting incident
Button
Six dead as floods hit disaster zone
Button
Lady mayor murdered

PNP to strictly enforce
rules on security details

PNP to strictly implement rules on security details

Interior and Local Government Secretary Mar Roxas yesterday instructed the Philippine National Police to strictly implement the rules on the provision of security details to candidates as part of efforts to ensure a safe and orderly mid-term elections in May.

He also called on the citizenry to report any incident of policemen providing unauthorized security for politicians, and promised swift action against anyone found violating the directive, that is meant to insulate the police from partisan politics and enable them to perform their election duties efficiently, a government press release said.

Man hurt in shooting incident
BY RENE GENOVE

Four suspects riding in tandem on two motorcycles shot a resident of Meciano Road, Dumaguete City, at about 10:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Tinago Bridge in Barangay Tinago in the city.

Timogene Lim, 43, reported to the police that he had parked his motorcycle at the foot of the bridge going to Canday-ong when a motorcycle with two men on board approached from the Tinago side and shot him twice but missed.

He said he rode his motorcycle but was met in the middle of the bridge by another motorcycle, also with two men on board, who shot him twice and hit him in the right elbow.
.

Six dead as floods
hit disaster zone

MANILA – Six people have died and four are missing in floods that swept through Mindanao that is still reeling from a deadly typhoon disaster, authorities said Wednesday.

Days of heavy rains on Mindanao island left the major city of Davao and nine nearby towns flooded, including areas that were devastated by typhoon Bopha in early December, the civil defense office said.

Six people, including a year-old boy, had been confirmed killed between Monday and Wednesday, while four others were missing, it said in its latest tally.

back to top

Front Page | Opinion | Negros Oriental | Business | Sports
Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise
 
 Email: visayandailystar@yahoo.com