Daily starNegros Oriental
Front Page
Negros Oriental
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Police Beat
Star Life
People & Events
Eguide
Events
Schedules
Obituaries
Congratulations
Classified Ads
 
Dumaguete City, PhilippinesThursday, July 11, 2013
Negros Oriental
Button P50,000 reward offered as police ‘invite' parolee
Button Cops probe kidnap try on high school student
Button
Soldiers recover explosives, NPA items at encounter site
Button
Asian Muslims begin Ramadan, hardliners target ‘sinful' bars  

P50,000 reward offered
as police ‘invite' parolee
FOR QUESTIONING IN RAPE-SLAY OF 8 YEAR OLD
BY JUDY F. PARTLOW

Dumaguete City Mayor Manuel Sagarbarria announced a reward of P50,000 to anybody who can provide information leading to the arrest of the killer of the 8-year-old girl, whose body was buried at the public cemetery in Brgy. Bagacay, Dumaguete, yesterday.

Supt. James Goforth, Dumaguete Police chief, said they have invited for questioning Reynaldo Marcusa Elnig, “alias Lando and Abay,” 54, a widower and resident of Bajumpandan. Elnig was the neighbor of the Grade 3 pupil, whose body was found raped and brutally killed in a nearby sugarcane field last week.

Goforth said information gathered by various law enforcement agencies investigating the rape-slay led them to Elnig, a parolee who was released from the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology in Muntinlupa, Metro Manila in 2010.

Cops probe kidnap try on
high school student
BY JUDY F. PARTLOW

A 14-year-old student of the Tampi National High School in Barangay Tandayag, Amlan, Negros Oriental, yesterday said several persons on board a white van attempted to kidnap her while she was walking home at around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Insp. Nathaniel Rubia, chief of police of San Jose, the nearest town to Tandayag, said the third year high school student also told them that she saw another young person inside the van.

She said she ran and that two persons followed her on foot but failed to catch up with her..

Soldiers recover explosives,
NPA items at encounter site
BY GILBERT BAYORAN

Soldiers of the 11 th Infantry Battalion recovered guns and explosives after an encounter with suspected New People's Army rebels in Guihulngan City, Negros Oriental, Tuesday.

Lt. Col. Willy Isaac, 11 th Infantry Battalion commander, said Army soldiers were conducting security patrol, when residents informed them about the presence of armed rebels in a creek in Sitio Cansuhi, Brgy. Tacpao, Guihulngan City.

Isaac said that when they approached the place, the soldiers were fired at by about 15 rebels, and this led to about three minutes of running gun-battle.

back to top

Front Page | Opinion | Negros Oriental | Business | Sports
Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise
 
 Email: visayandailystar@yahoo.com