Daily star
Bacolod City, PhilippinesThursday, March 14, 2013
Front Page
Negros Oriental
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Police Beat
Star Life
People & Events
Eguide
Events
Schedules
Obituaries
Congratulations
Classified Ads
POLICE BEAT

Arrest warrant issued vs. suspect
in death of pension house owner

An arrest warrant for robbery with homicide was issued against the suspect in the brutal murder of a pension house owner in Bacolod City last month, City Police officer-in-charge, Senior Supt. Edgardo Ordaniel, said yesterday.

The warrant for Ryan Pasilan, 24, of Purok Cabugwason, Brgy. Mansilingan, Bacolod, was issued by Regional Trial Court Judge Anita Chua, who denied him bail, Ordaniel said.

The charges were filed against Pasilan and several other “John Does” by the Bacolod police in the fatal stabbing of Karmen Galo, 84, of Karmen's Pension House at Lopez Jaena Street, Bacolod City.

Pasilan was positively identified by four witnesses, all employees of the pension house, as the last person they saw at the establishment before Galo was found dead.

Pasilan's three companions, a man and two women, had argued with Galo when she refused to allow them to rent a room, the police said.

An arrest warrant for illegal possession of firearms was also issued against Pasilan by RTC Judge Roberto Chiongson, who set his bail at P50,000.

Pasilan was arrested in Cadiz City last week after he and an unidentified companion attempted to rob an Indian national.

He was also charged for direct assault on an agent or person in authority for stabbing one of the responding policemen.*APN

back to top

Three cops cleared
of misconduct raps

The three policemen investigated recently for serious misconduct charges have been exonerated, Chief Insp. Ulysses Ortiz, Bacolod City Police Investigation and Detective Branch head, said yesterday.

He said the charges filed by a private complainant against these policemen, whose names he withheld, were purely harassment, and that based on the investigation they conducted, there was no evidence that the cops committed serious misconduct.

A source told the DAILY STAR the complainant has a dubious character and is facing a string of estafa charges.

Meanwhile, Ortiz said the ruling on the two other policemen, who were charged for grave misconduct before the Police Regional Office 6 last year, will be released before the end of this month.

One of the policemen was apprehended for violation of the Comelec gun ban, and the other charged for malversation of government property for allegedly pawning his service firearm.

Senior Supt. Edgardo Ordaniel, officer-in-charge of the Bacolod City Police Office, had reminded policemen that the Philippine National Police is quick to recognize those who are performing well, and will also immediately impose penalties to those who are remiss in their jobs.*APN

back to top

Police Beat
Three cops cleared of misconduct raps
Front Page | Opinion | Negros Oriental | Business | Sports
Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise
Email: visayandailystar@yahoo.com