Two more suspects will be charged for robbery-in-band for the P1.5 million heist at the F & C Pawnshop and Jewelry Store at Gonzaga Street, Bacolod City, two weeks ago.
City Police officer-in-charge, Senior Supt. Edgardo Ordaniel, also said yesterday that the suspects were identified by two witnesses who are both minors, to be among those who staged the broad day light robbery at F & C Pawnshop. He, however, refused to name the suspects.
Since the witnesses are minors, however, the Bacolod Police are waiting for their parents to sign their affidavits so they could file the charges against the two new suspects right away, he also said.
The two were among the 16 “John Does” in the charges for robbery-in-band that they filed on March 19 before the City Prosecutor's Office.
Other suspects charged were Wagner Minggol, "alias Oliver" of Camaloc Tabuk, Kalinga Apayao; Gaudencio Monopollo Jr., with unknown address; Horry Bangiwan of San Carlos Heights, Baguio City; and James Gonzales of Cubao, Quezon City, and Rolan Tambasen, 45, of Purok Sunflower, Brgy. Taculing, driver of the maroon Escapade van rented by the suspects.
Meanwhile, the Bacolod City Police has not yet filed robbery charges against the suspects in the robbery at the Prenda Negrense and Pawnshop on February 18, Ordaniel said.
He said that they have not yet received the inventory giving the total amount of the items stolen.
The management of Prenda Negrense had earlier declared that the value of the stolen items was P2.5 million but later changed it to P20 million.*APN