Daily Star logoBusiness
Bacolod City, PhilippinesThursday, November 14, 2013
Front Page
Negros Oriental
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Police Beat
Star Life
People & Events
‘Power restoration may take
2 weeks in north Neg. Occ.’

Full restoration of power to northern Negros Occidental may take two weeks, Victorias-Manapla-Cadiz Rural Electric Service Cooperative Inc. officer-in-charge Dan Pondevilla, said yesterday.

The power outages are caused by the destruction of the 69-kilovolt line of the National Grid Power Corporation in their service areas at the height of super typhoon Yolanda, Pondevilla said.

He said power was restored to Cadiz last night and they may bring power back to Sagay City today or tomorrow.

On Tuesday, the towns of E.B. Magalona and Manapla and Victorias City had already been energized.

VRESCO had incurred at least P40 million in losses due to the power outages and destroyed facilities, Pondevilla said.

Central Negros Electric Cooperative and the Negros Occidental Electric Cooperative sent their technical teams to northern Negros to help VRESCO personnel in repairing their damaged lines.

Meanwhile, in a text message to the DAILY STAR yesterday, Elmer Cruz, corporate communications head of NGCP, said they implemented load shedding and that resulted in partial blackouts in several areas in Negros Occidental yesterday.

He said the power outages are due to power deficiency after the destruction of their power plant in Leyte.*APN

back to top

Business
Button‘Power restoration may take 2 weeks in north Neg. Occ.’
ButtonP51.6-M insurance released
ButtonDTI to hold roadshow over freight scam

ButtonLabor group lauds PAL, PALEA pact