Daily Star logoTop Stories
Bacolod City, Philippines Saturday, October 19, 2013
Front Page
Negros Oriental
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Police Beat
Star Life
People & Events
 

CRAME ASKED
Reconsider relief of 13 cops
BY GILBERT BAYORAN

The Police Regional Office 6 yesterday asked Camp Crame to reconsider its decision to relieve 13 police officials from their posts, including four chiefs in Negros Occidental, for alleged under-reporting of crime statistics in their areas.

Among those ordered relieved were Supt. David Cachumbo – Bago police chief, Senior Inspector Anthony Grande – Pulupandan police chief, Supt. Rosauro Francisco – Silay police chief, and Supt. Calixto Mabugat – Kabankalan police chief.

Before the announcement of Camp Crame, Francisco and Mabugat had already been relieved for overstaying and re-assigned to the Negros Occidental Police Provincial Office.

Chief Supt. Agrimero Cruz, regional police director of Western Visayas, said they are requesting for reconsideration of the recommendations in the validation report of the Directorate for Investigation and Detection Management, that indicated discrepancies in the reporting of crime incidents in the region.

The validation was conducted by DIDM on Sept. 9 to 20, with data used as basis from January to June this year.

After his meeting with the 13 police officials, Cruz said it was found out that there were confusions over the guidelines set by Camp Crame in reporting of crimes and the data included, during the validation by the DIDM.

He said the confusion arose when data on crimes involving traffic accidents, those recorded in barangays as well as records of the Women and Children's Protection Center on crime against women and children because of the “confidentiality mandate”, were not included in the data presented and scrutinized by DIDM during inspections.

Cruz, however, said that they are not supporting the call of PNP chief Alan Purisima for the presentation of the true picture of crime, and are doing their best for its realization. He cited the almost double crime volume in September, compared to preceding months of the year, from almost 4,000 incidents to 8,000 crimes in Region 6.

This was after the issuance of a memorandum circular, ordering the reporting of all crime incidents, effective July.

Supt. Milko Lirazan, provincial police director of Negros Occidental, meanwhile, said he has yet to receive the order relieving Cachumbo and Grande from their posts, except those for Mabugat and Rosauro, who are now occupying staff positions at NOPPO, after their relief from Kabankalan and Silay police stations.*GPB

 

 

back to top

Front Page | Opinion | Negros Oriental | Business | Sports
Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise
Top Stories
Button Power rates down 31 cents
Button Comelec: 16,447 vying for brgy polls in NegOcc
Button China consul general hopes for sisterhood tie with Bacolod
Button LWUA denies confirmation of Ramos app't in Baciwa
Button Abkasa, Bata win street dance
Button FVR takes swipe at PNoy's men
Button Reconsider relief of 13 cops
Button Negrenses urged to pray for quake victims
Button MassKara and its birth pangs
Button The MassKara Festival: In Retrospect