SEARCH A police officer inventories the items seized from the house of Peter Alexei Locsin (center) at Doña Juliana Subdivision, Barangay Taculing in Bacolod City, yesterday*
( Archie Alipalo photo )


Man on FBI watchlist
nabbed, guns seized
4 others in ‘pot session' detained, too
BY SHIELA GELERA

Four guns, bullets, eight magazines, 27 bank cards, suspected marijuana leaves, and two tooters were seized from the rented house of a man on the watchlist of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, at Bartolome Street in Doña Juliana Subdivision, Barangay Taculing in Bacolod City, at about 5 p.m. yesterday.

Peter Alexei Locsin, 34, was the subject of the search warrant for violation of Republic Act 10591, or the Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Act, an operative of the Regional Intelligence Unit-6, who requested that his name be withheld, said.

The search warrant was issued by Municipal Trial Court in Cities, Branch 1 Judge Jose Paolo Ariola, the operative said.moremoremore

Bacoleño gets
40 years for killing 2 minors
BY CARLA GOMEZ

A Bacolod resident was sentenced to 40 years imprisonment for killing the two younger brothers of the girl he wanted to marry after her father refused to allow such union.

Bacolod Regional Trial Court Branch 52 Judge Raymond Joseph Javier found Jerry Frias Pabiana, alias Bimbo, guilty of two counts of homicide for the death of his neighbors, Reme Senoro, 5, and Resty Benedict Senoro, 3, who sustained multiple stab wounds.

They were killed at their residence in Purok Prutas, Barangay Mandalagan, Bacolod, on April 24, 2001. moremoremore

 

Top Stories
button Man on FBI watchlist nabbed, guns seized
button Bacoleño gets 40 years for killing 2 minors
button Poe tops survey, guv still for Mar
button Diaz leads PRO6

button RDC meet target end of July
button Computer shop given warning

Negros Oriental
button Carlos meets Degamo, assumes NOPPO post
button Boat capsized; passengers, crew safe

Business
button Bacolod SP endorses solar power projects
button Ubiquity expands presence
button Prov'l vet distributes farm animals
button Training held on meat processing

Sports
button SEA Games medalists getcash incentives from Bago
button Nietes to defend title vs. Rodriguez in Cebu
button Warriors end 40-year NBA title drought
button Sen. Aquino calls for massive reforms in Philippine sports


Advertise | Archives
Are we still Ilonggos?
NIR regional seats
The Ilonggo biscuits
Bahala na?
TIGHT ROPE
WITH MODESTO P. SA-ONOY
NIR positioning



Carlos meets Degamo,
assumes NOPPO post
BY JUANCHO GALLARDE


Senior Supt. Dionardo Carlos assumed yesterday as officer in charge of the Negros Oriental Police Provincial Office, after talking to Gov. Roel Degamo at the Capitol in Dumaguete City.

The changing of the guards' ceremony was held at Camp Francisco Fernandez in Agan-an, Sibulan, Negros Oriental, between Carlos and outgoing OIC provincial director, Senior Supt. Mariano Natu-el Jr.

The scheduled turnover was delayed for a few minutes because Carlos was with Degamo, who had earlier said he will withdraw support to the police unless the process is observed, which is the submission of a list of names of three police officials whom he can choose from, which the governor said was not followed in the case of Carlos.moremoremore