The Sandiganbayan Fourth Division gave the Office of the Special Prosecutor five days to file its answer to the motion for reconsideration filed by the counsel of Bacolod Mayor Monico Puentevella in the graft case filed against the mayor involving alleged overpriced computer packages, during a hearing yesterday.
The Sandiganbayan issued a 90-day preventive suspension order against Puentevella last month directing him to cease and desist from exercising the functions and privileges of his office for 90 days immediately upon receipt of the resolution.
The graft case against Puentevella et al, stemmed from the alleged overpriced purchase of computers and software packages at P400,000 each, and worth P26 million in 2001 to 2006, funded from his Priority Development Assistance Fund, or pork barrel, during his incumbency as congressman of Bacolod City.
Senator Alan Peter Cayetano yesterday said that he is still hoping Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte will run for president in the 2016 polls.
Cayetano, who was in Bacolod to give P100,000 in livelihood assistance to the Barangay Doce Trisikad Services Association, said Duterte has until December 10 to decide if he will run for president.
|Will they retain Carpio-Morales?|
|Sacrilege in Manila|
Haze from Indonesia
reaches Negros, Cebu
Haze from Indonesian forest fires has spread to the southern and central Philippines, including Negros and Cebu, disrupting air traffic and prompting warnings for residents to wear face masks, authorities said yesterday.
It spread to the country's central islands of Cebu and Negros yesterday, disrupting air traffic, Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines spokesman Eric Apolonio said.
The large southern Philippine island of Mindanao is more than 1,200 kilometers (745 miles) from the nearest fires but the haze has become a worsening problem across the island over the past week, aviation authorities said.